Thursday, May 5, 2011

Anaheim Comic Con 2011

This past Saturday I got a random, out-of-the-blue chance to go to Comic Con in Anaheim. Did I take it?


You bet I did! Meet Chun Li from Streetfighter!

Okay, okay, so it was a very last-minute-throw-yourself-together-and-get-out-of-the-house kind of thing. But thankfully I had this Chinese dress of my grandmother's (total vintage '70s get up). I threw on some heavy, winged eyeliner, put the hair up in a bun and skewered some chopsticks in it, and I was ready to go.

The Anaheim Convention Center is huge. You walk into an ADD kid's fantasy/nightmare: a large, wall-to-wall room full of merchandise. Posters, figurines, books, t-shirts, hats, pins, badges, hoodies, jewelry all try to stand out under the flourescent lights. 




And I must say, I succumbed and bought a few things:


Artist: Alain Viesca
Cost: $20

Wonder Woman now hangs on the wall next to the washer/dryer. Makes me feel motivated somehow.
Cost: $20

Artist: Tommy Castillo
Cost: $20


 The invite came from my good friend Zach. He's in a band called Ogre Mage, and they got to perform at the convention. My buddy Jon and I helped sell t-shirts.





But, I do believe that the coolest part of the day was when Jon, dressed up as Winston Zeddemore from Ghostbusters, met Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddomere in Ghostbusters.



Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment