Thursday, August 18, 2011

Glitter refinery

Growing up, I was a total wannabe-goth girl who loved anime. Wannabe goth + anime came together in me as a fashion style that was slightly rebellious with a flair of superhero-mutantness. I used to paint my nails all the time, because I thought polished nails helped a person be more "kick-butt." It did for these girls:




But because I was all "dark" and stuff, I often went with metallic silvers and blues thinking it gave me an edgy, "don't F with me" look...well, kind of like this:



The Terminator-blue color Lady Deathstrike is sporting graced these tips frequently between 1996-1999 (minus the, uh, extensions).

Now that I'm in my mid-twenties, my style has changed a bit. I have a new favorite color that's still shiny but not so darn metallic-y.

Pure Ice - SpitFire


 


(Excuse the grainy pictures). This polish is so pretty. It's a lilac-pink color with sparkles in blue, purple, green, orange, and yellow. It takes 2-3 coats to get the fullest effect, and boy does it shine! It's my absolute favorite nail polish because it packs a lot of punch while still being relatively subtle because it's pink. It's much more cheerful that my previous polish, I'd say. It's not Terminator-blue, but I definitely still feel "kick-butt," just in a much more polished sort of way. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment