Monday, August 22, 2011

Simple Yarn Basket

If you like to crochet but don't like being stuck in the same ol' chair to do it, this super simple yarn basket is a great option. It's whimsical, practical, and mobile. I've crocheted in the chair by the fireplace, on the couch while watching tv, in the office, while lying in bed. I've even taken it with me in the car and busted it out at the park, on campus, as we watched movies at our buddies' place... The one you see here can hold a good 4-5 yarn eggs, each egg one skein big, a pair of scissors, hooks, and the piece I'm working on. Of course, if you're crocheting a granny square blanket or something, you will probably need to keep most of your finished squares elsewhere, depending on how big your blanket is, but this will certainly hold a recent/current batch no problem. 









-Simple Yarn Basket-

You will need:
  • 1 split basket with a sturdy handle (got mine from Michaels for about $3)
  • 1 piece of scrap fabric (big enough to fill the bottom and sides of the basket you picked)
(I chose a split style basket in large part because it was substantially cheaper than the wicker ones. But aside from cost, I actually prefer it because it's not as heavy and it makes me think of strawberries & farms.)


(I've carried around this scrap piece of pretty red roses for years, since I was like eight. About time it got some use. And the color offsets the wooden gold of the basket very prettily.)

  • Arrange the fabric (which may need cutting) into the basket, making sure the bottom is well covered to avoid the wood snagging your yarn.


  •  Fill & go! Enjoy!
My current project - a scarf for my mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment