Thursday, October 14, 2010

Halloween decorating!

I love Fall. The weather cools down; the leaves turn golden-orange-red and float to the ground. Well, they did in Tennessee at least. And they did so gloriously. I loved watching from my front porch, bundled up in a sweater and fuzzy leg warmers, as the variegated colors of the trees covered everything, even the grey asphalt road. 

But here in SoCal, the leaves either turn a muddy orange color or are of the blasted "evergreen" variety, with chloroplasts impervious to the festivities of the season. And the roads? Always grey, always crowded. Oh Fall, how you are lost here in the city haze.

So, this year, I decided to bring the colorful orange Fall I miss so much into my house via Halloween decorations.

WELCOME TO THE CRYPT...





OOowoooooOoooh floating ghosts...


Egad! A black cat!
(FYI Harry Potter books have great hardback covers and make excellent Halloween props)



I wub your bone structure.
No, I wub your bone structure.

Okay okay, get a room and bone already!














HAPPY HALLOWEEN SEASON EVERYONE!
(are you decorating for Halloween? post pics to your blog and leave a comment link. I would love to see them!)




2 comments: